THOS. CORNELL GALLERIES, LTD.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE AUCTION SALE
1. A BIDDING PADDLE is required for ALL BIDDERS.
2. To register for a bidding paddle, a current DRIVERS LICENSE AND MAJOR CREDIT CARD are required. At our discretion we may also require a cash deposit. An additional 25% deposit is required on all purchases and on all written bids left with the auction gallery.
3. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED OR CREDIT GIVEN.
4. ALL MERCHANDISE IS SOLD “AS IS”. No guarantees are made as to condition, period or authenticity of the merchandise sold. THOS. CORNELL GALLERIES, LTD. makes no representation, nor any express or implied warranties. Buyers must rely on their own knowledge when purchasing merchandise.
5. NO MERCHANDISE WILL BE DELIVERED DURING THE SALE. All merchandise must be removed from the gallery premises immediately OR NO LATER THAN 7 DAYS. Merchandise left after that time will be stored at the RISK & EXPENSE of the purchaser. Storage fees are as follows: $5.00 / DAY PER ITEM. At the election of the auction gallery said merchandise will be resold for the account of the purchaser.
6. All purchases are subject to New York State and LOCAL SALES & USE TAXES unless purchaser furnishes proof of a New York State Resale or OSR number at the time of payment.
7. The highest bidder acknowledged shall be the purchaser. If any dispute arises between bidders, the Auctioneer has final discretion to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer the lot in dispute. Digital recordings of the sale will be used for confirmation. THOS. CORNELL GALLERIES, LTD. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY BID, AS WELL AS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE ANY BIDDER.
8. The Auctioneer may open the bidding on any lot by placing bids on behalf of the seller up to the amount of the reserve. If the item does not reach the reserve the Auctioneer may announce the lot to be unsold.
9. 25% Buyer Premium shall be charged on all in-house purchases. Internet buyers pay 25% Buyer Premium on all purchases. The Gallery reserves the right to charge customer’s credit card for the sum total of their purchases including Buyer Premium if items are not paid for within three (3) days of the auction. AT DISCRETION OF GALLERY WE MAY REQUIRE PRE-APPROVAL OF CREDIT CARDS. ALSO THE GALLERY MAY REQUIRE CHECKS TO BE CERTIFIED
10. The Gallery is not responsible for errors, omissions or merchandise left more than 3 days after the auction unless written arrangements have been made with the Gallery owners.
11. CREDIT CARDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR PAYMENTS ON JEWELRY SILVER & COINS. ALL JEWELRY, SILVER & COIN purchases as well as purchases $10,000.00 AND OVER must be made by CERTIFIED CHECK or bank wire transfer through Zelle Quick Pay to email@example.com within 3 Business days immediately following the Auction.
12. THOS. CORNELL GALLERIES, LTD. does not provide packing or shipping services. Purchasers are responsible for arranging shipment of all purchased merchandise.
NO CHECKS ACCEPTED unless approved by the gallery.
AT OUR DISCRETION WE MAY HOLD YOUR MERCHANDISE UNTIL THE CHECK CLEARS
R-Consigned merchandise with a reserve
NOTE: ALL RUG & PAINTING SIZES & GOLD & STERLING WEIGHTS ARE APPROXIMATE, THE GALLERY DOES NOT GUARANTEE CLOCKS TO BE IN WORKING ORDER